The Very Beginning
Our origins are in Kaiapoi in 1892. The Corcoran name first appears with Edmund Corcoran in 1923 and in 1930 the firm became Papprill, Salter & Corcoran. In 1956 E.J. Corcoran was joined in partnership by his son, Anthony Robin Corcoran. Other partners have included K.H Thwaites (1963) and R.T. Brown (1965) with the firm name E J Corcoran Son Thwaites & Brown used until 1988 when the firm was renamed Corcoran French.